Saturday, May 3, 2008

Oops...

Well, so much for 20 minutes/day.

But I have been keeping busy. Here are some highlight of my hiatus.

  • Watched Ironman, the pre-screening, with about 10 other people. I want to be Tony Stark. Not because of the infinite money he's got (yes, that must be nice) but that he can build anything, and is motivated and intelligent enough to invent.
  • I have been wanting to build a robot. I'm looking at some websites, but I'm not really sure what exactly I want to make and where to start and all that. I am regretting not joining the robotics club at uni... I didn't think I had enough time with all my courses :( I'm sure I will flesh this out sometime in a blog post about why you shouldn't let such learning interfere with your education.
  • We had departmental Idol at work... a fun karaoke competition. I helped a bit with organization. And of course I performed. Unfortunately my team picked an Abba song I'd from before I was born. I'm debating whether to post the videos here... It was a pretty great turn out, over a hundred people crammed into our little lunchroom/meeting room area.
  • Apparently, I'm allergic to strawberries. Also, Benadryl + alcohol = ...unforgettable :P

No comments: