Friday, May 30, 2008

Would you describe this as passive aggressive?



This picture I took in an office building amuses me greatly. This large piece of laminated paper is on the back of every single stall. I wonder what person came up with this. Also, I like to discuss washrooms, this will not be the last post tagged "Toilet"- consider thyself warned...





For those of you who left your secret decoder rings back in your childhood, I will type this up (I will attempt to sharpen this sometime in the future, when I have access to photoshop or something like it). I am getting rid of the all-CAPS though... I don't want to feel like a teenage forum flamer...

HEALTH TIPS FOR THE LADIES BATHROOM

1. Seat covers provided are to be used on the toilet seats

2. Seat covers prevent urine from being on the seats, wipe up after yourself

3. Seat covers mean there is no need to squat on the toilet seats

4. Using your feet to flush the toilet will eventually lead to the flusher being broken hence VANDALISM. Use toilet paper to hold the flusher

5. Take a last look in the bowl before leaving the cubicle (Cubicle??)

6. Ensure that your hair is not left in the sink. Use the paper towels provided to remove it

7. Make proper use of the sanitary napkin disposals provided in the cubicles

-----

MEN clean our bathrooms and it is a shame to have them think that the WOMEN who use the bathroom are not LADIES.

Is this a reflection of what your homes are like?

We have provided you with all the sanitary conveniences. How much does it take for you to clean up and pick up after yourselves?

If you follow the above seven points this will ensure a much more pleasant experience in the bathroom for all concerned.



Also, this is the sign hanging above the sanitary napkin disposals. I can't say I approve of the underlining. I don't know why any of that should be underlined, but if you MUST underline a word in each of those sentences, should you not choose "respect" and "clean"? I can't figure out what rule of English this betrays, and the first person to point it out gets a cookie.

Also (part 2)- Does this make anyone else have to use the washroom? I think I'm off... have a good weekend everybody!


1 comment:

a said...

"Labels: toilet"

LOLLLLLLLLL